Sure the view from The Shard is awesome, but most of us can’t afford to fork out almost £25 every time we want to gaze out at the beautiful London skyline. So if you’re searching for an incredible view without a hefty price tag book yourself a free visit to the Walkie Talkie’s sky garden.
The new entry on everyone’s list of London must sees is 20 Fenchurch Street’s (aka The Walkie Talkie’s) garden in the sky and its vast vista. The Sky Garden is the highest garden in central London but we have no clue what it will actually look like yet as we haven’t had a chance to get up there, but forget the foliage – it’s all about the views.
No need to sneak into a lift behind someone working in the building, from January 12 the public will also have access. You’ll need to book three days in advance to go up the tower, and despite being open to take bookings now, the booking page appears to be having some difficulties.
Once it’s up and running properly you’ll be able to book up to three months in advance. Though there are a few things you should watch out for:
1. If you’re more than ten minutes late you’ll probably lose your slot.
2. If you’re carrying liquids they should be no more than 100ml (except for baby food and milk).
3. If you’re carrying a bag make sure it’s no bigger than 8 inches by 17 inches by 19 inches.
4. The maximum number of people you can book for is six and they must have ID to match the reservation name.
5. The maximum stay up there is an hour and a half (which actually seems like quite a long time).